Compassion Cultivation Training | CCT
Autumn Quarter classes at Stanford are underway!
Future Class Offerings
Class schedules are posted on this webpage and announced in the CCARE Newsletter, which shares information about events, articles, and videos regarding compassion research and education. Subscribe by entering your email address in the “JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER” box at the bottom left of our homepage.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
If you are an LCSW, LEP, LMFT, LPCC, RN, or licensed psychologist, you can earn 14 CE credits for your Compassion Cultivation Training class for a fee of $85. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to arrive on time, sign in and out at each class, and submit a separate course evaluation form at the end of the final class. No partial CE credit is available if more than one class is missed.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Apply basic mindfulness skills to stay present to self and others
- Apply learned compassion skills as a response to everyday needs and demands in personal and professional settings
- Utilize compassion practice with oneself and others for emotional regulation in the face of distress
- Utilize cognitive re-framing with oneself and others from the compassionate stance of common humanity
- Describe the differences between empathy and compassion, and empathetic distress, compassion collapse, and burnout
- Utilize self-compassion meditation in the context of personal and professional relationships
- List three sources of resistance to the cultivation of self-compassion
- Explain three ways to recognize resistance to compassion for others
- Utilize mindfulness meditation in order to cultivate compassion
- Describe current research studies on the effects and effectiveness of compassion cultivation practice
Please review the following information for your profession
CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. SCRC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SCRC maintains responsibility for this program and its content. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association. LCSWs, MFTs, and other mental health professionals from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board as to whether or not they accept programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association. SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, email CCARE at email@example.com. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.