Compassion Cultivation Training | CCT Summer Quarter 2017
Registration fee – $395
CE credit fee (if applicable) – $45
Classes held at Li Ka Shing Center at Stanford University
Classes tend to fill quickly, as they are limited to 30 people each for optimal in-class participation. We recommend you register when registration first opens for the best chance of getting into your desired class. If a class is full, please feel free to register for the waitlist. CCARE staff will contact those registered on the waitlist in chronological order if a seat becomes available. There is no charge to register for the waitlist; however, credit card information is required to hold your spot.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
If you are an LCSW, MFT, RN, or licensed psychologist, you can earn 14 CE credits for your Compassion Cultivation Training class for a fee of $45. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to arrive on time, sign in and out at each class, and submit a separate course evaluation form at the end of the final class. No partial CE credit is available if more than one class is missed.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Apply basic mindfulness skills to stay present to self and others
- Apply learned compassion skills as a response to the everyday needs and demands of one’s personal and professional life
- Utilize compassion practice with oneself and others for emotional regulation in the face of distress
- Recognize judgmental patterns of mind within oneself and towards others
- Utilize cognitive re-framing with oneself and others from the compassionate stance of “common humanity”
- Differentiate between empathy and compassion and understand the difference between empathetic distress, compassion collapse and burnout
- Utilize self-compassion meditation for oneself in the context of personal and professional relationships
- Describe three sources of resistance to the cultivation of self-compassion
- Identify three ways to recognize resistance to compassion for others
- Utilize mindfulness meditation in order to cultivate compassion
- Cite current research studies on the effects and effectiveness of compassion cultivation practice
- Establish a daily compassion and meditation practice
Please review the following information for your profession:
- American Psychological Association: Spiritual Competency Resource Center is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Spiritual Competency Resource Center maintains responsibility for its programs and their content.
- California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for license renewal by LCSWs and MFTs for programs from CE approved sponsors of the American Psychological Association. LCSWs and MFTs from states other than California need to check with their state licensing board for approval.
- California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP10318) for licensed nurses in California through the cosponsorship of the Institute of Noetic Sciences.
Future Course Schedules
The schedule for future courses will be posted on this page and announced in the CCARE Newsletter, which shares news about events, articles and videos regarding compassion research and education. Subscribe by entering your email address in the “JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER” box at the bottom left of our website.
The 2017 Autumn Quarter schedule (classes start in late September) will be announced in early August.