Compassion Cultivation Training | CCT classes
Autumn Quarter classes are underway! The Winter Quarter schedule will be posted here no later than December 1, 2018. You may receive future CCT class schedules in the CCARE Newsletter by entering your email address in the “JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER” box at the bottom left of our homepage.
Continuing Education (CE) Credits
If you are an LCSW, LMFT, RN, or licensed psychologist, you can earn 14 CE credits for your Compassion Cultivation Training class for a fee of $65. It is the sole responsibility of the participant to arrive on time, sign in and out at each class, and submit a separate course evaluation form at the end of the final class. No partial CE credit is available if more than one class is missed.
At the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Apply basic mindfulness skills to stay present to self and others
- Apply learned compassion skills as a response to the everyday needs and demands of one’s personal and professional life
- Utilize compassion practice with oneself and others for emotional regulation in the face of distress
- Recognize judgmental patterns of mind within oneself and towards others
- Utilize cognitive re-framing with oneself and others from the compassionate stance of “common humanity”
- Differentiate between empathy and compassion and understand the difference between empathetic distress, compassion collapse and burnout
- Utilize self-compassion meditation for oneself in the context of personal and professional relationships
- Describe three sources of resistance to the cultivation of self-compassion
- Identify three ways to recognize resistance to compassion for others
- Utilize mindfulness meditation in order to cultivate compassion
- Cite current research studies on the effects and effectiveness of compassion cultivation practice
- Establish a daily compassion and meditation practice
Please review the following information for your profession:
CE credits for psychologists are provided by the Spiritual Competency Resource Center (SCRC) which is co-sponsoring this program. SCRC is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. SCRC maintains responsibility for the program and its content. SCRC is approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN Provider CEP16887) for licensed nurses in California. The California Board of Behavioral Sciences accepts CE credits for LCSW, LPCC, LEP, and LMFT license renewal for programs offered by approved sponsors of CE by the American Psychological Association. For questions about receiving your Certificate of Attendance, email CCARE at email@example.com. For questions about CE, visit www.spiritualcompetency.com or contact David Lukoff, PhD at CE@spiritualcompetency.com.
Future Course Schedules
Course offerings are posted on this webpage and announced in the CCARE Newsletter, which shares information about events, articles, and videos regarding compassion research and education. Subscribe by entering your email address in the “JOIN OUR NEWSLETTER” box at the bottom left of our homepage.