The application period for the 2014 program year (January-June 2014) closed on July 12, 2013, and all applicants were notified of their status as of September 6, 2013. Application instructions for the 2015 program year are expected to be available on this site in May 2014.
For reference, the application instructions for the 2014 program year are listed below.
* * * * *
Application Fee: $65
1. Look over the application form, prepare all required application documents, and collect all required information for the form. IMPORTANT NOTE: Progress on the form cannot be saved.
2. Complete all required fields on the application form, upload all required documents (PDF format is preferred, Word .doc or .docx format is accepted), then submit. Applicants will receive an automatic email confirming submission.
3. Upon successful submission of the application form, a link will be provided to pay the application fee online by credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or American Express). Applicants will receive an automatic email confirming payment. Submitted applications will not be reviewed until the application fee payment has been received by CCARE.
4. Upon receipt of the application fee payment, CCARE will review the application for completeness and submit it to the review committee. Applicants will only be contacted at this stage if any required materials are missing. Otherwise, applicants will be contacted in September with the committee’s decision, or earlier if an interview is requested.
Required Documents and Information:
1. A brief personal statement (approximately 500 words), explaining your interest in the program, including how professional and/or personal experiences have shaped your interest. Please tell us what you know about CCARE’s Compassion Cultivation Training Course and the Teacher Certification Program.
2. A resume or CV that includes your education, work experience, and any other relevant activities (e.g. service/volunteer projects, religious or community involvement, meditation training).
3. Brief essay# 1 (approximately 500 words) answering one of the two following questions:
* Compassion is often described as the desire to relieve suffering. How do you define suffering, and what does it mean to you to relieve suffering?
* Describe a time when your compassion was challenged, or you experienced the limits of your own compassion.
4. Brief essay #2 (approximately 500 words) answering the following question:
* Where will you teach CCT? What connection do you already have to this context and what makes you a good fit here?
5. One letter of recommendation and the email address and phone number of the recommender. A second letter of recommendation is optional, but preferred.
The letter(s) of recommendation should come from someone who is well suited to assess your candidacy for the program, such as a colleague/co-worker, employer, religious leader or meditation teacher, or anyone in your community who can speak to your interest in compassion, education, and/or service. Your reference(s) may be contacted.
6. A Skype ID: The admissions committee may invite some applicants to a brief interview over Skype. Please set up a Skype ID and provide it on your application form.