When5:00 pm to 7:00 pm, January 18, 2023 – March 8, 2023
Cultivating the Heart – Live/Online
Life becomes clear and purposeful when we drop from our head into our heart.
- Do you want more calm, focus, and feelings of inner peace in your life?
- Do you want to build resilience from the inside out?
- Are you interested in learning evidence-based practices that can provide you with ways to skillfully investigate your own experience and build mindfulness in the service of cultivating a compassionate response to life’s everyday challenges?
Cultivating the Heart – Live/Online is designed to help you develop the skills of (self)compassion, (self)awareness, reflection, meditation and more, skills that are anchored in evidence-based practices. Cultivating foundational contemplative practices and and connecting to your heart through Presence and Awareness is at the core of this 8-week online course.
There is a correlation between compassion and personal well-being. Research suggests that as we become more aware of ‘being’ with ourselves in a compassionate way, we gradually begin to recognize and experience a more fully integrated sense of connection with our deeper core values and intentions. To directly embody and experience the benefits of cultivating and anchoring attention in our body and heart, however, necessitates learning how to train and incline the mind towards a more compassionate, resilient, and authentic life. This requires a rebalancing of our over-developed habit of ‘doing’ with one of ‘being.’
Participants in this 8-week course work with contemplative practices for at least 20 minutes in each class session. By actively engaging in the practices to cultivate greater awareness and hone new skills for emotional self-regulation, we learn how to connect to ourselves first and drop from our head into our heart. As an entry point, Cultivating the Heart – Live/Online integrates the “Alphabet of the Heart,” a mnemonic created by James Doty MD, CCARE Founder and Director.
- 8 Wednesdays with Britta Eskey | JAN 18 – MAR 8, 2023
- 5-7 pm Los Angeles | 8-10 pm New York (live only – no recordings available)
- Registration fee | $425 (Stanford STAP funds eligible)