When5:30 pm to 7:00 pm, June 2, 2014
LocationMemorial Auditorium (inside Memorial Hall)
551 Serra Mall, Stanford, CA, United States
The Center for Compassion & Altruism Research & Education (CCARE) at Stanford University presents a dialogue between CCARE’s founder and director, Dr. James Doty, and Mata Amritanandamayi who is better known as Amma (or Mother). In this one and a half hour dialogue, Dr. Doty will ask Amma about her life experiences and perspective on compassion.
Amma has dedicated her life to alleviating the pain of the poor, and those suffering physically and emotionally. Throughout her life, Amma has embraced and comforted more than 34 million people. She inspires, uplifts, and transforms through her physical embrace, her spiritual wisdom and through her global charities, known as Embracing the World. While Amma is widely regarded as one of India’s foremost spiritual leaders, Amma says that her religion is love. She has never asked anyone to change their religion but only to contemplate the essential principles of their own faith and to try to live accordingly.
Due to an overwhelming demand, all online tickets for this event have been claimed and the event is sold out! However…
There is the potential for approximately 150 General Public and Stanford Community tickets being released one hour prior to the event at 4:30pm. A “non-ticket holder” line will be formed near the event’s Will Call table. Any released tickets will be released on a first come, first served basis
– Doors open at 4:30 PM
– No food/drink allowed in Memorial Auditorium (water bottles are ok)
– Please plan extra time for navigating traffic and walking 10-15 to the venue from the closest parking lots.
– If your tickets are being held at will call, please arrive early to pick them up. Because this is a free event, any tickets held at will call that have not been claimed by 5:45PM (15 min after the event starts) will be release for those waiting at the door.
– If you have special access needs, please inform event staff at (650) 721-6142. Please leave a detailed message if need be.
-Galvez Lot (entrance is on Galvez St or Nelson Rd)
-Varsity Lot (entrance is on Galvez St)
– Walk from parking lots down Galvez St. Turn Right at Serra Mall. Memorial Auditorium is on the right side of the street by the fountain.
Parking Map and Walking Directions: http://ccare.stanford.edu/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Parking-Map-for-Event-with-Amma.pdf