Call for Proposals:
The Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education at Stanford University School of Medicine in collaboration with Dignity Health invites MD, MPH or PhD level scientists to apply for the Dignity Health-CCARE Fellowship. The purpose of this fellowship is to empirically evaluate the impact of kindness and compassion on healthcare outcomes and/or healthcare settings.
The main responsibility of the Dignity Health-CCARE Fellow is to conduct research that will advance the field of kindness and compassion, in particular with regards to health outcomes and/or in healthcare settings. The Fellow will propose a plan of research and work under the direct supervision of CCARE director, Dr. James Doty and Associate Director, Dr. Emma Seppala. Applicants may additionally wish to work and/or consult with relevant Stanford faculty in their field. The Fellow will provide regular reports on research progression and will aim to submit one or more peer-reviewed empirical papers on the results of his or her research. The position begins September 1, 2014 and is renewable for 1 additional year depending on progress. Fellowship will cover salary and benefits. Additional funds will be provided for research.
MD, MPH or PhD with at least 1 year of postdoctoral research work and expertise in fields directly related to compassion research and/or health outcomes of stress and well-being (psychology, neuroscience, physiology, behavior, biochemistry).
Please submit your application materials through this link by midnight June 15th, 2014. You will need to provide the following:
• 3 Letters of Recommendation
• 1 Research Proposal: Please describe the kind of research study you would envision conducting as a fellow. Please base this description on your relevant research experience as it ties into the field of compassion and health. Please be as specific as possible. If you would be collaborating with Stanford faculty on this proposal, please describe. Research proposal should be no more than 3 pages (double spaced, Times New Roman Font, 1-inch margins) in addition to a one page budget and budget justification (not including your salary). The 3 page limit does not include references and citations. However, graphs and figures are to be included in the 3-page description.
• 1 Personal Statement: Please state your particular interest in this field and why your background makes you a good fit for this position.
• Curriculum Vitae
An expert committee of CCARE faculty and staff will review applications. The successful applicant will be notified no later than August 1. Stanford is an equal opportunity employer.
For questions, please email email@example.com. Please put “Dignity Health-CCARE Fellowship” in the title of your email.
Latest posts by CCARE Staff (see all)
- 5 Surprising Reasons Compassion Is a Competitive Advantage - March 14, 2016
- CCT Founders and Senior Teachers Offer New Ways to Cultivate Compassion - September 3, 2015
- An Interview with the Founder of MIT’s Innovative Transformative Leadership Program – Now to be Offered at Stanford! - September 1, 2015