When12:00 am to 12:00 am, February 24, 2014
LocationLeavey Event Center, Santa Clara University
500 El Camino Real Bldg. 702, Santa Clara, CA
For the first time, His Holiness the Dalai Lama will visit Santa Clara University on Feb. 24, 2014 for “Business, Ethics and Compassion: A Dialogue with the Dalai Lama”. The event is co-sponsored by the Markkula Center for Applied Ethics at Santa Clara University and Stanford University’s Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE).
CCARE’s Founder and Director, Dr. James Doty, will moderate a conversation on commerce, ethics, and compassion with the spiritual leader of Tibet and Lloyd Dean, the CEO of San Francisco-based Dignity Health, the 5th largest health care system in the U.S.
This dialogue with the Dalai Lama promises to continue a discussion that is particularly important in this epicenter of innovation, the Silicon Valley.
For more information regarding the event and ticket sales, visit the official Santa Clara University’s event page.
For CCARE’s press release, click here.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT FOR STANFORD FACULTY/STAFF AND STUDENTS
A very limited number of complimentary tickets for this event are available for the Stanford University community on a first come, first serve basis and are expected to go fast!
These tickets are only available to current Stanford Faculty, Staff or Students and are limited to one ticket per person.
– Please do not contact CCARE, as our office is not handling tickets.
– A valid Stanford University ID number must be provided online to obtain a ticket.
– A Stanford University photo ID card must be presented with the complimentary ticket for entry to the event. No exceptions can be made.
– Only one complimentary ticket per Stanford student/staff/faculty allowed.
– When the complimentary Stanford community tickets have been exhausted, public tickets may be purchased online through the Santa Clara University ticket office starting Jan. 28 at 9AM.