Compassion in the Classroom
Compassion Cultivation Training for K-12 focuses on developing emotional resilience skills to help educators and administrators work together and with students to effectively enhance the learning process. As teachers incorporate compassion practices into their daily jobs, they are discovering ways to improve the classroom atmosphere and find renewed inspiration in their work.
Bringing compassion into the classroom and within school districts can help young people increase their attention and decrease their stress. It can equip teachers and administrators with the tools and techniques they need to address problems of bullying and misconduct. In addition, it can encourage them to work more creatively with their social emotions, and ultimately increase standardized test scores.
In this course, educators can learn how to:
- Increase kindness and compassion for themselves and others
- Develop higher levels of serenity and resilience
- Calm the mind and direct thoughts more positively
- Sharpen ability to focus and pay attention
- Access a variety of self-care skills and techniques
Resulting benefits include:
- Increased ability to handle stressful work situations
- More meaningful connections with students and co-workers
- Better ability to engage and collaborate with team members
- Decreased job overwhelm, increased job satisfaction
- Reduced compassion fatigue
Training can be delivered in an 8-week program or customized into shorter workshops for your organization. Please click here to submit a request form for a customized event.