Cultivating the Heart – Live/Online
When you drop from your head into your heart, life becomes clear and purposeful.
- Are you looking for more calm, focus and feelings of inner peace in your life?
- Are you interested in learning about evidence-based practices that can provide you with ways to investigate your own experience and build mindfulness in the service of cultivating a compassionate response to life’s everyday challenges?
- Do you want to build resilience from the inside out?
Cultivating the Heart – Live/Online is designed to help you develop the skills of (self)compassion, (self)awareness, reflection, meditation and more, skills that are anchored in evidence-based practices. Cultivating foundational contemplative practices and finding root in your heart through Presence and Awareness is at the core of this 8-week online course.
There is a correlation between compassion and personal well-being. Research suggests that as we become more aware of ‘being’ with ourselves in a compassionate way, we gradually begin to recognize and experience a more fully integrated sense of connection with our deeper core values and intentions. To directly embody and experience the benefits of cultivating and anchoring attention in the body and heart, however, necessitates learning how to train and incline the mind towards a more compassionate, resilient, and authentic life. This requires a rebalancing of our over-developed habit of ‘doing’ with one of ‘being.’
Over the course of 8 weeks, participants actively work with contemplative practices for at least 20 minutes in each class session. By engaging in the practice to cultivate greater awareness and hone new skills for emotional self-regulation, we learn how to connect to ourselves first. As an entry point, Cultivating the Heart – Live/Online integrates the “Alphabet of the Heart,” a mnemonic created by James Doty MD, CCARE Founder and Director.
- 8 Wednesdays with Britta Eskey and Lee Eskey | SEPT 28 – NOV 16, 2022
- 5-7 pm Los Angeles | 8-10 pm New York (live only – no recordings available)
- Registration fee | $425 (Stanford STAP funds eligible)
If you have questions after reading our Compassion Courses FAQs, please email CompassionEducation@stanford.edu.