About This Free Online Event
Amidst a global pandemic, widespread protest movements, and long periods of social isolation, educators will return to school life as they have never seen it before.
Join researcher, author and professor Dr. Kristin Neff and lifelong educator and Senior Director of Program & Impact at Mindful Schools, Dr. Megan Sweet, as they discuss how educators can utilize self-compassion during times of stress and uncertainty to develop resilience and greater well-being.
- Gain an understanding of self-compassion – including the research, experience, benefits, myths and misconceptions
- Learn about how self-compassion can be a tool for educators to cope with stress, anxiety and uncertainty, and to develop compassion, well-being and joy
- Discover more about Mindful Schools and the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion’s new collaboration, Self-Compassion for Educators
- Experience a short, guided mindful self-compassion exercise
- Participate in a question and answer discussion with hosts and peers about topics impacting educators and schools